Education Planning

Education Planning

CSEA would like to help you and your family in as many ways as possible in achieving your educational goals. In addition to offering scholarships and grants to help offset some of the costs, below is a list of resources to assist you and your family, including information on filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), guides to California public colleges and universities, completing the GED, and Adult Education.

Getting started with Financial Aid – It’s all about the FAFSA!

Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)

The office of Federal Student Aid provides grants, loans, and work-study funds for college or career school. They provide more than $120 billion in federal student aid each year to help pay for college or career school.

California Community Colleges

Community colleges are often a perfect fit for classified employees looking to improve their job skills or advance their career. Find the community colleges in your area to see what classes are offered.

California State University

CSUMentor is an online resource designed to help students and their families learn about the California State University system, select a CSU campus to attend, plan to finance higher education, and apply for admission.

University of California

More and more students are discovering the transfer path to the state’s nine University of California campuses. Priority admission is given to California community college transfer students over other transfer applicants.

UC Extension Programs — University of California

Discover a variety of classes you can take, many leading to professional certifications, without enrolling in the University of California. Many of the UC Extension classes are offered on-line and in the evenings to accommodate working adults.

Adult Education

California’s Adult Education Program serves more than two million students annually through public adult schools, community colleges, libraries, community and faith-based organizations, and correctional institutions.

GED (High School Diploma equivalency)

If you never got your high school diploma or equivalency, it’s not too late. The General Educational Development Test (GED) may be taken by students 18 years old and older for the purpose of receiving the California High School Equivalency Certificate.

Mapping Your Future

This nonprofit website provides career, college, financial aid, and financial literacy information and services to students and their families. There is even a complete section dedicated to adult students.