Newport-Mesa Chapter 18 has a new website design with additional features to make it easier for more users to navigate our website and find information! Stay tuned for more information.
Make sure you don't miss out! Visit our chapter calendar for upcoming events and meetings.
CSEA Newport-Mesa Chapter 18, 2018-19 Meeting Dates
CSEA Newport-Mesa Chapter 18, 2019-20 Meeting Dates
2019 M&O Academy Flyer
CSEA Maintenance and Operations Academy
Five dates and locations! This popular one-day professional development training designed for CSEA members working in maintenance and operations and transportation, is also relevant and open to ALL CSEA members.
This year's topics are:
- ALICE (Alert, Lockdown, Inform, Counter, Evacuate) Training
- Crisis Stress Management for Everyday Use
- Member Recruitment and the Value of the Union
- Drugs/Alcohol/Narcotics Awareness, Violence and Gangs
All participants will receive an ALICE Training Institute Certificate of Training upon completion.
Choose one of these five dates and locations below and register today! The registration deadline is September 6 for all dates and locations and is only $20! Lunch is included.
- Saturday, October 5: Lodi
- Sunday, October 6: San Jose
- Saturday, October 12: Upland
- Sunday, October 13: San Diego
- Saturday, October 26: Simi Valley
go to www.csea.com/mo or call (866) 487-2732 to register and find out more.
Classified Employees of the Year! Congrats!
- My Hong Lam - My has been part of the Nutrition team for over 18 years. She works tirelessly to ensure healthy fresh food is prepared for our children. She also created the Asian Chicken Salad served by Nutrition and it’s delicious secret dressing recipe.
- Tabitha Strange - Tabitha has served as a special education instructional assistant
for Victoria Elementary School for more than 18 years. Tabitha excels in integrating special education students within the larger school population. She is dedicated at ensuring that all student’s reach their full potential.
- Scott Parks - Scott Parks has worked with the district for more than seven years in
the transportation department. As a delegated behind the wheel Trainer, he mentors school bus drivers to help improve their skills and ensure the highest level of safety for our students. Scott believes that the child’s school experience begins with the bus.